The new colors for 2018 have been trotted out and the design world is going wild with the choices. If you’re ready to update your Boulder home or office with a trendy, up-to-date palette, Jacobsen Brothers Painting has the suggestions that can pique your interest. We’ve compiled some of the hottest colors for your consideration here:
- Ultra Violet – Nothing but fun ahead with Pantone’s 2018 choice for Color of the Year. This bouncy purple manages to be sophisticated and gorgeous. Too much? Lavender is also predicted to be the top color for the year, so try that instead, or mix deep violet with lighter lilacs for a graduated approach.
- In the Moment – Behr’s 2018 Color of the Year is an icy blue spruce that is both elegant and touchable. Blue greens are going to be the rage, as you can see from the next few colors. Paired with velvet furniture or offset with mirrors, this color is magnificent.
- Oceanside – Vitality is key when you choose the marine-inspired Sherwin-Williams 2018 Color of the Year. This blue mixed with jewel green sets an energetic tone for any room.
- Heron – Pratt & Lambert’s 2018 Color of the Year is another take on the blue green world. This dark teal offers tranquility to a busy room and makes an excellent background color to showcase your favorite antique acquisitions.
- The Green Hour – Dunn-Edwards’ 2018 Color of the Year is their vibrant take on the green-blues. This rich color hails to the turn-of-the-century and can complement your favorite décor nicely.
- Caliente – Exciting hot red is Benjamin Moore’s 2018 Color of the Year. Strong and powerful, this red can make an amazing statement with a very modern undercurrent.
- Pastels – On the other hand, pastels are going to make a strong showing in the year ahead for the minimalists who are introducing color back into their lives. A soft turquoise, muted pistachio or sand pink pastel makes great use of natural light for a cheerful but not overwhelming look.
- Dark, moody colors – Looking to make a statement? Don’t forget the other neutral – black. Glidden’s 2018 Color of the Year is Deep Onyx, a simple black that is surprisingly easy to use and enjoy. Not sure? Try Midnight blue, Admiral Navy, Smoky Gray, and Dusky Plum which can all provide the desired moody effect without the commitment of onyx.
- Yellow – The jury is split whether mustard yellow or lemon yellow rules, but for your Boulder home or office, you may want to experiment with a yellow that sticks true to the nature that we adore.
- Metallics – Accepted now as a color, metals are making a big splash. Add gilding to your accents, apply metallic touches to your walls with faux techniques or use metal and glass in elegant combinations. However you use it, metals catch your eye and keep your interest.
They all sound great, I can’t decide
Need some help deciding how to use your favorite colors to stay with the trends but also stay true to yourself? Jacobsen Brothers has the design team that can help. Whether it’s special applications that your room needs or complete coverage, we can help design a unique room that works for your individual tastes.
Get your free Boulder, CO painting consultation today!
Get the team at Jacobsen Brothers busy working for you. Give us a call at (303) 449-3239 or email us at email@example.com to schedule your free consultation. We love updating rooms and finding ways to personalize color trends to suit each taste while giving an expert application to each project to create something special.