In our Boulder, CO, lives, we’re no strangers to sage as a major player in western décor. Not surprisingly, the rest of the U.S. is catching on to sage fever as Pinterest reports interest in the color has skyrocketed. At Jacobsen Brothers Painting, we have a lot of ideas about how to incorporate this amazing neutral color. This grayish-green-brown, dusty color brings in the best of the prairie-meets-mountains in a lavish display.
Just as in nature, sage makes a perfect backdrop to highlight your favorite textiles, wood, metal, botanicals, fabrics, distressed furniture and more. Since it is such an understated color, anything that you decorate with will become the focal point.
Sage Across the Board
All of the major paint producers have their versions of sage in several options. Some of them have taken liberties with the name, applying it to minty and oceanic colors more suited to the East Coast. But it shouldn’t take you long to find a sage that you can love through the years. Here are some ideas to get you started with this amazing, new neutral that is both relaxing and refreshing.
5 Favorite Sage Choices:
- Sherwin-Williams – In six amazing choices, this company has produced Sage, Garden Sage, Sheraton Sage, Svelte Sage, Clary Sage and San Antonio Sage. This is going to be a tough choice, but remember to consider the natural light of the room. If there’s not much light, the color will be darker on the walls.
- Behr – These sage-like colors are all over the board, but they give you a fun amount of colors to play with. Think of what mood you’d like for your room and go from there. A more sedate, subdued feel would be Simply Sage. A more energetic feel would come from Mountain Sage.
- Pantone – Looking at the spectrum of colors called “sage” here, you may start to wonder what sage really is. Try to narrow down the underlying color that you love—do you want green mixed with silver, brown, light gray, dark gray or more green? Sage green is the closest thing to true sage that they offer, but that doesn’t mean you wouldn’t love something with more glam like Silver Sage.
- Benjamin Moore – With one of the widest selection of sage that stays true to the nature of the color, this company has a lot to offer. From bark to moss to prairie grasses, these colors will take some pondering to choose your favorite. Compare it to something else that you own to get a better idea of how it will look on your walls. Don’t be afraid to ask for samples and take your time making your selection.
- Dunn Edwards – This company does a great job at putting personality behind their colors. This perky green, Sonoma Sage, is breezy and minty and brightens the room the way ordinary sage would not. Try pairing it with anything and it will more than likely be amazing.
What Jacobsen Brothers Can Do
When it comes to using a beautiful color like sage that can—unforgivingly—show every flaw, you will want to make sure you have a professional application to have it go on as perfectly as possible. Jacobsen Brothers has been bringing top quality painting services for over six decades, and we can do the same for you.
Get your free painting consultation today!
It’s time to give sage its rightful place in your home as a subtle background for your favorite things. Give us a call at (303) 449-3239 or email us at email@example.com to schedule your free consultation. We’ll work with you to help you choose the right color for each room, taking into consideration the light, architecture and saturation. Before long, you can be enjoying the pleasing, soft tones of sage in your own lovely space.