If your Boulder, CO, laundry room is the last place you want to spend time, it might be time to consider a makeover. Doing laundry is a time-consuming, never-ending task, and laundry rooms are often small and dingy, making the chore even more arduous. But what if it doesn’t have to be that way? What if your laundry room was so beautiful you were drawn there, just to enjoy the colors? Jacobsen Brothers Painting has excelled at creating appealing laundry rooms that bring out the best in your home’s style, giving you a beautiful place to finish your tasks.
Light Comes First
Before you choose a color for your laundry room, consider the light. If it is a room with no natural light, such as a basement room or an enclosed space, you will need to keep in mind that any color you choose will end up considerably darker on the walls. If you do have natural light, a lighter color will look cheerfully at home but a darker color may look slightly out of place.
The Fifth Wall
Ceilings can be an important part of your laundry room décor. If you choose a complementary color for the ceiling, such as cream or beige, then use an earth tone for the door and a cool color for the walls, you can add interest and beauty to your space.
If you are using the same look throughout the house, you may want to continue to seamless transition into the laundry room for continuity. We can blend the rooms and the trim to make them flow. But if you are looking for a color of its own, your laundry room can come to life with one of these five popular choices.
5 Winning Laundry Room Colors:
- White – Leading the pack is the no-fail white, pearl or off-white option. Since your appliances may be white or stainless steel, a white background will be clean and will help enlarge the space. Any décor that you add to the room will become the focal point. A colored countertop workspace can really pop in this room.
- Neutral – A neutral color, such as beige, gray, sage or sand, can look peaceful and attractive in a laundry room. Feature your favorite heirloom pieces or a splash of color, like a fun rug, for interest points.
- Pastel – An attractive pastel color, such as pale yellow, mint green, light lavender or seaside blue can make a charming laundry room. Add fluffy curtains to complete the homey look.
- Bold – Want to edge your laundry room into the daring? Try a vibrant splash of red trimmed in white or gray that will make your appliances pop. Or try a deep purple or midnight blue trimmed in silver or white for a dramatic appeal. Orange and sunny yellows will help energize you for the tasks ahead and make a fun space out of your working room.
- Cool – If your days are filled with stress, a laundry room displaying gorgeous, cool colors will help you relax. Blues, greens and browns will feel right at home here.
What Jacobsen Brothers Can Do
If you have a favorite color but aren’t sure how to incorporate it into a winning laundry room design, Jacobsen Brothers has the design help you need. We’ll help you decide the best look for your workspace to give you the energy or calm that you’re looking for in a design that you love.
If you already know what you want, we’ll follow your lead and bring the professional application that can transform your laundry room into an alluring room that you’ll be proud to show to your friends.
Get your free painting consultation today!
Let’s get started! Give us a call at (303) 449-3239 or email us at email@example.com to schedule your free consultation. Don’t put up with a dark, dingy, ugly laundry room any longer. Together, we can create a place of beauty for you to enjoy for years to come.