Have you recently thought about what mood your Boulder, CO, bedroom has been communicating? If the mood is something along the lines of “I’ve got a headache,” maybe you’re ready to update your bedroom to make it an energizing, fresh new space. The experts at Jacobsen Brothers can help by suggesting the color psychology that accompanies various colors so you can choose the right personality for your new bedroom.
Before you begin, one thing you’ll want to consider is your use of light in pairing with your bedroom color choices. For example, if you only use a small end table lamp in the bedroom, then a color like red could look muted and sophisticated. Otherwise, red is such a stimulating color that it doesn’t work well for the bedroom.
Along with color and light, a mood can be conveyed with textures. Hardwood floors, thick carpets, textile hangings, bed coverings and window treatments are all opportunities to reinforce the mood you’re creating.
Check out these 3 common bedroom moods:
This is most obvious choice for a bedroom mood. If you’re looking for a peaceful place to unwind, then you’ll want the colors and the design to support that feeling.
- Greens are considered among the most restful colors and they are also associated with good health.
- Blues are extremely calming and make stunningly beautiful bedrooms. You may want to avoid the brighter blues and go with the deeper ones for greater relaxation.
- Purples accomplish the same tranquility as blues but can feel warmer.
- Unless your bedroom is extremely small, a dark color on the ceiling can add to the cozy feel. You may not want dark colors on both the walls and the ceiling, however, as this will shrink the room.
For a sophisticated look, stately color choices can give a nod to a high-end, luxury hotel with clean lines and colors so thin and light they border on neutral.
- Taupe is elegant and easy to decorate with by using depths of color and texture. Making use of natural lighting, this room can be restful to the eye.
- Browns in any range of neutral tan, mushroom, buff, beige, linen or chocolate, can make an earthy, restful environment for your bedroom. Paired with a very light touch of dusky blue, greens, gray, black or lavender, a complex brown color can bring an air of rich relaxation.
- Gray is a popular, soft neutral that pairs very well with purple, deep blues, powder blues, pastels, browns and crisp whites to give a mature and contemporary look to the room.
- Black and white can give a clean, sleek, aristocratic feel. If black scares you, dial back with a midnight or a dark brown-black. When warmed up with a pleasant tan, your room can be very attractive with this color scheme.
- Silver has made quite a splash recently in elegant bedrooms. A light touch of color can make all the statement you need in a gorgeous silver room.
- Indigo is a marvelous choice for a sophisticated look. Complemented with bright white and dark furniture, a moody indigo can be a grown-up color choice that doesn’t get old.
If sophisticated and sleepy aren’t your style, perhaps a lighthearted approach is just right for you. Consider how to take a bright or intense color and make this room fun.
- Bright blue can bring a nautical presence with its Caribbean tones and cheerful face. Add wicker furniture and clean whites for the complete look to complement.
- Mediterranean green can be a very interesting bedroom when cut with bright whites and changed around with different patterns and varied intensities. You can get the best of both worlds with a room that is both restful and playful.
- Purple is restful but can be a bold choice in a bedroom. Choose interesting accents to go with it and your purple bedroom will grab your interest and keep it.
- Burnt orange, added to deep wood colors and trimmed with a generous amount of white, can bring that terra cotta feel to your bedroom while lending a certain lightness to the space.
- Not into bright colors? Stick with the neutrals that make you happy but add whimsical touches of silly chandeliers, wild art, contrasting patterns and crazy textiles that can add the element of fun that you desire.
Preapprove the look of your bedroom
A closer look at the psychology of color can help you determine what you want for your bedroom. At Jacobsen Brothers, we’ve worked the hottest color trends for over six decades and we’re ready to bring our expertise to your bedroom project. We’ll make sure the color is perfect before we’re through.
Get your free painting consultation today!
Call us today at (303) 449-3239 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free consultation and let us help you choose the right color to support your choice of bedroom moods. Together, we can choose the right accents to unify the look of your new bedroom style. Whether restful, elegant or playful, your bedroom can be your new favorite room once we’re through.