A fresh coat of paint can make your Boulder, CO home or business look like new again. But do you know if your painting contractor is using the best paint materials?
Why paint quality matters
The caliber of ingredients in the paint your contractor chooses is critical, as they affect:
- How easily paint is applied
- Final appearance of the color
- Durability against wear and tear
- Environmental safety
High-quality paint requires less paint coats to cover your walls, with a better and longer-lasting end result – which ultimately saves you money. It’s typically safer for both the environment and your family or staff, as well.
How to tell if paint is high quality
After you’ve chosen the colors you’d like in your home or commercial space, ask what paint your contractor plans to use. And have it specified in your final contract.
To verify the paint quality is high, just check the label. Indicators include:
- Higher percentage of acrylic binders (close to or at 100%)
- Higher concentration of combined solids (more than 30%)
- Low to no Volatile Organic Compounds (under 250 grams of VOCs per liter)
- Expected life span of 10 years or more
- Mildewcide, if it will be in a high-moisture room such as a bathroom
- Reputable brand name, such as Sherwin-Williams or Benjamin Moore
Find a professional Boulder, CO painter
To speak with an expert painter you can trust to use high-quality ingredients in your Boulder, CO home or business, contact Jacobsen Brothers Painting at firstname.lastname@example.org.