Isn’t it time for a fresh, new vibe for your Boulder, CO, living room? Try changing it up with a new color palette that breathes new life into your existing furniture, or drag a favorite piece out of hiding and turn it into a focal point. Jacobsen Brothers can help you pick the best look for your new design for the heart of your home – the living room.
Here are 10 tips to get you started thinking about a new décor for your living room:
- Smooth vanilla – Neutrals are still going strong in interior decorating. If you have an open floorplan, using neutrals throughout is a solid idea. Pour your love for colors into the throws, rugs, covered chairs or lamps and let them take center stage.
- Cheeky color – If you like blues, go bold with mixtures of nauticals and bright blues. If you can’t get enough yellow, try a splash of goldenrod to liven things up. If lime green is your passion, try a hummingbird green accent wall. Today, more than ever, color choices are wide open and can be as outrageous as you want them to be.
- Amazing antiquities – For a quieter look, build your room design around favorite antiques. Use natural woods, burnished leather and warm neutrals to set the perfect background to your period pieces.
- Chic choices – Metallics are coming back with a flair and are showing up in everything from furniture to wall treatments to mirrors. Trip out your urban look with elegant colors like deep eggplant or admiral blue and sparkle it up with metals and mirrors.
- Catch the beat – If there’s a pulsing rhythm to your life, let it show with an energized look for your fresh living room. Electric purple, fiery red or throbbing pink walls and accents can get the party started.
- Exotic travels – If you have an eye to the world, try bringing in other cultures with an interesting look incorporating Aztec clays, African grasses or Chinese papers. Antlers, masks or textiles can add that extra flair of texture to the room painted in these earth colors.
- Engaging pink – Not just for little girls anymore, antique pink has become a very grownup color and is surprisingly attractive. Pink walls with airy accents and wispy greens can create a very rejuvenating and playful space.
- Eclectic interests – Consider making use of your collections, hobbies and crafts to design a space that’s uniquely you. A deeply saturated accent wall is ready to show off interest pieces that you design. Add sconces to illuminate them and to add a feeling of warmth to the wall.
- Subtly saturated sophistication – Saturated colors are very popular in living rooms and provide a level of elegance to a room. In-between colors hailing to browns, grays, burgundies, and denims are all great choices. Washed out colors can do the same thing while adding a feeling of softness and intimacy to the space.
- Pastel palace – For the epitome in relaxing rooms, dip into the fun side with ice cream pastels of lemon yellow, bubblegum pink, mint green and sky blue. Accents drawing in bolder colors with matching hues can also add an element of whimsy. Or stick with a lighter touch for a crisp, refreshing new look.
How Jacobsen Brothers Can Help
Once you’ve decided on the direction you’d like to go with your new living room design, Jacobsen Brothers can help you choose the right palette, paint, sheen and trim to give you the best coverage and to complete the look. We’ll work hard to make sure your colors and applications are what you needed to finish your fresh, new space.
Get your free painting consultation today!
Ready to get started? Call us at (303) 449-3239 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free consultation. We know the living room is the hub of your family life, and we’d love to help make it an amazing backdrop for many memories to come.