Accent walls are a powerful decorating tool in your design arsenal. By choosing the right wall to accentuate, you can achieve the exact mood you were looking for. In Boulder, the pros at Jacobsen Brothers Painting can bring their years of color savvy and application expertise to your painting project to elevate your rooms to a new height. Here are some of our top tips for painting an accent wall to make an impressive statement.
Consider these 5 tips for picking an accent wall and its color:
- Pick the right wall – Think about the features of the room that you would like to accentuate and the ones you’d like to downplay. If the room has a very long side, making that the accent wall could visually shorten it to make it more attractive. If the room is small and boxy, an accent wall could open up the space. If the wall has a lot of furniture and other things in front of it, the accent appeal may be lost.
- Pick the right color – But to get the most out of this visual effect, you have to decide if you want to choose a warm or cool color. A warm hue, such as reds, oranges or yellows, will pop towards the eye, effectively narrowing a space. A cool hue, such as blues, violets or greens, will draw away from the eye, or will make the room feel larger.
- Pick the right mood – Your accent wall can be anything you desire. If you want the room to be welcoming, fresh and friendly, a cheerful color is going to be perfect. If you want to relax and unwind in your room, the accent wall could be calming and comfortable. If you want to add energy to the room, a bold color will keep things lively. Metallic paints are gaining popularity and bring a space-age glam to a room. Whatever mood you want to enhance, there’s a paint for that.
- Pick a reason for it to be there – If your room has a unique feature such as a fireplace or a bank of windows, that wall could be perfect as an accent. However, consider how the color is going to look next to the windows with all the natural light. If your room doesn’t have any architectural features, consider a dramatic piece of furniture or art to give the accent wall a reason to be there.
- Pick a great combo with the other walls – Since you’re creating an entire picture with your room, just focusing on your accent wall isn’t enough. You need to make sure the other 3 walls have the right color on them to complement the accent wall and to enhance the mood you are creating. Some designers have chosen to stay in the same color, just in extreme light and dark hues. Others have chosen complementary neutrals to marry with the accent color.
My accent wall needs to be amazing
An accent wall is only as good as its application. To really become something special, trust your next painting project to the professionals at Jacobsen Brothers Painting. We’ll work with you to make sure you’ve selected the right wall, color, mood and complements to carry your accent in the most attractive way possible.
Get your free painting consultation today!
Ready to get started on your accent wall? Give us a call at (303) 449-3239 or email us at email@example.com to schedule your free consultation. We love creating beautiful accents with your favorite colors that set a room up for just the right appeal.