Don’t be afraid – we are all surrounded by wonderful color ideas! After helping many Boulder, Colorado families choose the perfect color for their home, we have some sure fire ways to help
- Look inside – Envision your favorite scene in a movie, piece of artwork, or colors in your wardrobe. See any patterns? Consider which colors you are naturally drawn to as this can help you establish a starting point.
- Look outside – Perhaps you have visited a home and appreciated the color scheme. Or walked into a store or restaurant and really enjoyed the atmosphere? Or perhaps went on a nature hike and admired the different shades of a particular color? When you come across these opportunities, add them to your list of potential colors. Mother nature has a terrific sense of color and balance. The colors she puts together naturally feel good to us.
- Browse magazines and websites – There are many resources for seeing how professionals and talented people coordinate colors and schemes. Houzz and Pinterest are two websites that are frequently helpful with displaying examples and generating ideas. Sherwin Williams also offers an excellent comprehensive list of resources – click here to take a look.
- Go on a vacation – OK, this may sound more like an excuse to go on vacation but when you’re out of your normal routine, less obvious things become noticeable. As you’re exploring, you will begin to notice colors, textures, and shapes that will evoke emotions within you. Using these emotions to pick your next color will make your painting project even more personal and memorable. Grab your phone and take some pictures of color schemes you like. (If you aren’t able to go on vacation, browsing through vacation and trip photos is an excellent alternative.)
- Hire an expert – We have more than 60 years of experience helping Boulder, Colorado families choose the right color for their interior or exterior home painting projects. Contact us and we can help ensure your next painting project is a success.
Have any additional suggestions on where to find inspiration? Please let us know!