The entryway of your Boulder, CO, home presents a unique opportunity for you to start off with a great first impression. Are you looking at the same neutral walls as are in the living room, dining room and hallways? Jacobsen Brothers recommends choosing a mood for your foyer that fits your personality as well as the architecture of your house to carve out a unique and attractive space all its own.
Here are 3 moods to choose from to breathe new life into your entryway, as well as some colors to get you started thinking:
- Bold – an entryway with a vivacious color choice lends energy and excitement to a traditionally boring space. You may not be able to live with such a vivid color in another room of the house, but in this small, seldom-used area, it may be just the right place to go a little wild.
- Red with a touch of coral undertones is a fantastic choice for this room. It can bring out a healthy look in your skin and a big brass mirror is a great accent piece.
- Turquoise is a dramatic color with endless possibilities. Paired with white it can be an incredibly cheerful, powerful color. To bring it into a deeper zone, pair it with dark wood, instead.
- Deep Plum is a moody, mysterious color that awakens the senses. Enliven it with brass accents. Choose one interesting piece to draw the eye and you’ve got a sensational entrance.
- Peaceful – bring in colors that are seen outdoors for a comforting feeling. The appeal of natural colors helps you ground and relax when you first come home. Visitors will feel the same sense of safe haven when they enter.
- Greige is a cozy green-beige combo that is surprisingly fun to decorate around. So many things go well with it, you can hardly go wrong with this comfy color trimmed out in white or a dark color for even more of a relaxed feel.
- Chocolate is arguably one of the most comfortable colors. Your favorite accents will take center stage on a background of brown.
- Taupe lends a fresh feel to a small space. Trim with white and use anything from antiques to shiny gold and you’ve got a beautiful and tasteful spot to call your own.
- Lavish – establish a feeling of elegance, opulence and luxury with the right color combination in this small space. Have fun with the possibilities and set up an amazing first impression.
- Deep blue is a beautiful thing and can be quite sophisticated. Complement it with sky blue and white touches for a pleasing impression.
- Luscious pink lightened with a touch of white is a fun color to decorate around. Add strong furniture for a more masculine feel.
- Aubergine or eggplant changes tone with the light outdoors, but any time of day it is luxurious and inviting. It keeps a sense of mystery while drawing people into the house.
Who can help me choose the right color?
Have an idea of what mood you’d like but not sure how to make it happen? Jacobsen Brothers has the designer available to help you choose just the right color to develop the mood you want for your foyer. With a professional paint application, your entryway will be ready for your favorite design pieces to finish the look.
Get your free painting consultation today!
Let’s get started planning the right mood for your foyer. Call us at (303) 449-3239 or email us at email@example.com to schedule your free consultation. We’re ready to lend a trained eye and expert hand to help you elevate your entryway to new levels. A space that otherwise may be uninteresting and transient can soon be a riveting and fascinating space in your beautiful home.